Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Epicness of TSO

Well, on December 30th I got my splint off. I've noticed that my middle finger is noticeable shorter than it used to be. It's kinda weird. I didn't do anything special for New Year's Eve, but on New Year's Day I went to an annual party held by one of my dad's friends. I helped set up the pinata and laughed at kids who got hit in the head by the pinata after they hit it. :P

My dad got 4 tickets to last Sunday's (January 4th) Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert, and since Victoria didn't want to go, I invited Adam Cammack. It was undoubtedly the most EPIC thing I've ever seen. We were seated somewhere in the lower stratosphere, but that was kind of a good thing because it gave us a great view of all the lasers. It was the last show of the tour, so it lasted about 3 hours. One part, the lead guitar player(I think) introduced the 2 pianists, talked about how awesome they were, and let them show off for a few minutes. The first song they played was Toccata and Fugue, followed by some crazy jazz. This video of that part has terrible visual quality but decent sound, though it's only part of that section:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ-b-IOWl_U

There were also some 20 ft. tall jets of flame that changed colors, Flight of the Bumblebee played on electric guitar, and some more general epicness. I can't think of any better way to spend $25-$30 and plan to go at least once a year until they stop doing tours(if that terrible day ever comes).

Yesterday (January 10th) I went to the ATSSB All-State Band audition. I made 5th chair out of 11, but only the top 2 made it to state. I did, however, beat both of the people who beat me at the All-Region audition, which was cool.

No comments: