Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homecoming Week

Last week was Homecoming week. Yes, it is during basketball season due to the lack of a Brentwood football team. (Hence, when we were all making posters for the gym, I made one which said, "BRENTWOOD FOOTBALL STILL UNDEFEATED.") The week's costume theme was "Fun and games," and I worked hard on my costumes. I was a domino on Monday, pirate on Tuesday(Josh Porter's twin), and Pacman on Wednesday. Well, I once again didn't win any of the prizes at the end of the week, though I've tried hard almost every year. I'm not sure whether StuCo just doesn't like me or the universe just doesn't like me. :P

Friday night I went to Chris Williams' birthday party. Once everyone got there at about 8:30, we drove some cars out to an empty field behind the farm (his family runs a farm), and played the most epic game of ultimate ever. It was completely dark except for he 3 cars' headlights, about 40 degrees, and we were playing shirts vs. skins. It was awesome. It was so awesome, in fact, that my frisbee didn't survive the game. :P

Unfortunately, I needed to actually sleep at Chris' house since Saturday was the first of 2 Super Senior Celebrations. This is an event where the seniors each have 2 classmates and a parent talk about them, interspersed with delicious food. We also wrote notes to each other ahead of time and some of the parents put them together into scrapbook type things. As cheesy as this sounds, it was a really great experience. A few people have been going to Brentwood since Pre-K, and even those who came recently are really close to the rest of the class(with a few exceptions of course). Our entire class is only 38 people, so I've gotten to know most people really well, even those I'm not really friends with. There were lots of laughs and a few tears. I will definitely miss half of them half as much as I should like, and I like half of them half as much as they deserve.....

Wait, no, that's Lord of the Rings....

No comments: