Saturday, January 31, 2009

All-Region Band and Saving Lives

Last Friday and Saturday I went to the ATSSB All-Region Band Clinic and Concert. It was awesome! Our director was Robert W. Smith, a pretty famous composer. He was a great director and was pretty funny, though a bit long-winded. :P Our finale was a song he composed called Inchon, dedicated to his father and other veterans of Korea and Vietnam. It was based around a Korean folk song which Polly and Lucy Park know, which was pretty cool. There were some great sound effects, like using timpani heads to sound like helicopters, which actually worked really well. Inchon is definitely my favorite song that I've ever performed.

On Wednesday I donated blood for the first time. A big tye-dye bus came to Brentwood and most of the seniors gave blood, along with a few junior and teachers. It wasn't too bad, though it was kinda weird because I could feel the needle going into my vein. Plus I got a free tshirt and some food. That's right, I'm a hero. Saving lives one pint at a time!

So, the Superbowl is tomorrow, and as usual, I really don't care who wins. Football is overrated. Once they make professional ultimate teams, let me know.

No comments: